IT Network Professional
Faculty: Business, Computers & Travel
Certification: Diploma of Technology
Entrance Requirements: Please click here
Are you a “people person” and problem solver who also has an interest in computers? You are exactly what employers are looking for! There is a regional and national skills shortage in the Information Technology Industry and demand for IT professionals is expected to increase. Employers are looking for a unique combination of both technical skills and business skills in IT professionals, so they can be team players who can find business solutions that are rooted in technology. Over the past decade, one of the clearest trends has been a significant increase in the proportion of jobs that require the skills package, rather than just core technical skills.
– Source: Information and Communications Technology Council
Academy Canada’s IT Network Professional Program is geared towards producing flexible network administrators that can respond to the varied needs of industry. Graduates will be able to assist end users in day to day business operations, including recognizing and resolving security threats to networks, backing up server information to avoid data loss and performing disaster recovery operations.
Graduates will also be able to use critical thinking and problem solving skills to help businesses operate efficiently through the use of technology. The IT Network Professional Program prepares graduates to seek certification in a variety of technology and business areas including those with Microsoft, Cisco, Project Management and CompTIA. Certification examinations are optional, and are administered independently from any school or campus at the student’s expense.
Experience is built into the program as students apply their skills to solving real-life business problems and the work term component allows students to refine their skills in the work environment. The IT Network Professional program was created to provide employers with graduates that can meet the IT skills shortage.
- Application Troubleshooting
- Business Communication (Verbal)
- Business Communications (Written)
- Business Mathematics
- Business Technology Solutions
- CCNA Security
- Database Design and Management
- Designing and Supporting Computer Networks
- Diagram Creation and Design
- Implementing and Maintaining Server Side E-mail Messaging & Collaboration Software
- Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server Network
- Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows Client Operating System
- Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise
- Introduction to Network Convergence
- Introduction to Scripting
- Introduction to Server Virtualization
- Managing Active Directory
- Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Office Comprehensive
- Networking for Home and Small Businesses
- Orientation to Computer Systems
- Programming in Visual Basic
- Programming Structure and Logic
- Project Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Work Term
- Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP
Upon successful completion of the IT Network Professional Program, graduates will be qualified to be network administrators, information system administrators, information systems managers, computer support specialists, help desk technicians, IT technicians, IT administrators, field service technicians, network installers, network security specialists, network engineers, computer network technicians, network security administrator, technical support professional, etc. Opportunities for graduate employment can be found in both the private and public sectors in a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, financial services, entertainment, education, government and more. Self-employment opportunities may also exist to provide consultant services to industry.
Wall of Fame
Academy Canada Wins Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association’s “Professional Service Award of Excellence”
Posted November 5, 2023 Academy Canada are pleased to announce that we won the Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association’s (NLCA) “Professional Service Award of Excellence”. These awards were given during the NLCA’s…Read More