Find the Right Job for You!
Academy Canada graduates have an abundance of employment opportunities that they can pursue. Examples of the types of positions available are provided below:
Disclaimer: All posted positions are identified through third party sources. Academy Canada does not endorse the legitimacy of any position or advocate for any particular employer. Every organization uses an independent hiring criteria that will be used in selecting candidates.
Last updated: November 22, 2018
|AC Reference #||Program Name||Application Deadline|
|SJ201810-001||Automotive Service Technician||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201810-001||Automotive Service Technician||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201811-001||Automotive Service Technician||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201811-006||Occupational Health and Safety||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201811-018||Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist||Posted Until Filled|
Internal Job Postings
Adult Basic Education Teacher – Baie Verte Campus
Posted February 14, 2019
Academy Canada is one of Atlantic Canada’s strongest and fastest growing Career Colleges. With an annual enrollment of 1,200 students, 15 locations across Newfoundland and Labrador, and 35 exciting career programs, we offer amazing opportunities for talented professionals.
Applications are now being accepted for an Adult Basic Education Teacher at our Baie Verte Campus to start April 1, 2019 (contract position until end of June 2019).
The successful applicant must hold a Bachelor of Education degree and must have at least 6 courses in English, Math and/or Science.
University transcripts must be submitted (electronic copies are acceptable).
Other qualifications include:
- Strong written and oral skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet set deadlines
- Experience teaching adult learners would be an asset
Resumes including university transcripts, certifications, references and other credentials should be send via email or fax to:
Business Development Manager
Other Graduate Job Postings
Posh Salon and Spa – Esthetician and Hairstylist
Posted February 14, 2019
Posh Salon and Spa is looking for an Esthetician and a Hairstylist!
Located in Churchill Square, St. John’s, Posh Salon and Spa is looking to hire!
Posh Salon and Spa is a full-service salon offering a variety of services including nails, haircuts and colouring, and massage.
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Image may contain: text that says ‘Posh SALON & SPA’
Office Administration Students – Looking for a Work Term?
Posted February 8, 2019
Office Admininstration students looking for a work term?
The Royal Newfoundland Yacht Club is looking to place a work term student(s) this Spring and Summer!
- Assisting with the preparation of member events and social activities
- Maintaining and updating files
- Preparing new and current membership cards and packages
- Assisting with the organization of Summer events
Please send a resume, cover letter and work term dates to:
Royal Newfoundland Yacht Club
108 Greenslades Road
Conception Bay South, NL
“Canada House Clinics” – Cannabis Patient Manager
Posted February 5, 2019
Canada House Clinics (CHC) would like to introduce a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Cannabis Patient Manager (CPM) Medical Administrator in Mount Pearl, NL.
Our purpose is to provide cannabinoid therapy education and access to medical cannabis to patients with conditions that have not been adequately managed with conventional treatments. Canada House Clinics, Knalysis Technologies and Abba Medix are subsidiaries of Canada House Wellness Group.
CHC is a veteran-founded company with a mission to improve the quality of life of Canadians suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, chronic pain and/or other medical conditions that have been demonstrated to respond favourably to cannabinoid therapy.
“Cannabis Patient Manager” Duties
- Act as first point of contact for Canada House Clinic and ensures coverage of telephone and reception area: answers and directs incoming calls, greets visitors and directs to appropriate staff.
- Be able to work independently, on your own, as necessary from the clinic location
- Provide a high quality of service to all clients via phone lines and responding to electronic inquiries with a clear client service focus.
- Provides information about services provided to clientele.
- Maintain appropriate turnaround time on incoming Chapter emails.
- Filing and organizing.
- Assist clients to complete registrations.
- Build and maintain patient profiles in an internal database system.
- Works with the Cannabis Educator (CTE) to maintain appropriate turnaround time on incoming pending paperwork client files.
- Uploads/Ensures that all documentation (digital or physical) into CPM in a timely manner.
- Follow up with clients.
- Responsible for patient profile completeness.
- Assist to educate civilian clients on obtaining proof of their diagnosis or referral.
- Must stay apprised of all CHC SOP’s regarding completing all listed duties and offer positive input and solutions when the opportunity presents itself
- Assist with trade shows, conventions and openings as required.
- Creation and maintenance of spreadsheets, forms and reports that may be requested
- Strive to understand the Cannabis Educators tasks and back up and cover for when necessary.
- Other assigned tasks as necessary to the function of the office.
“Cannabis Patient Manager” Qualifications
- Successful completion of a medical administration course
- Microsoft office
- Adobe PDF
“Cannabis Patient Manager” Requirements
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Positive attitude and a great work ethic
- Team oriented
- Ability to work alone for extended periods of time
“Cannabis Patient Manager” Experience
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Required)
- Medical administration: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
This is a full time position with a $33,280.00 per year salary.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter in one document to the following – firstname.lastname@example.org
“Tails and Trails Professional Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services” – Dog Walkers
Posted February 4, 2019
Tails and Trails Professional Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services are hiring Dog Walkers.
An ideal candidate would be one with animal care experience/training, who is available to work casual/ part time hours, primarily during lunch time Monday-Friday. The candidate must also have a valid driver’s license and a reliable mode of transportation in order to drive to and from clients’ homes.
Interested candidates can send a cover letter and resume to me at this address.
Beaver Brook Antimony – Career Opportunities
Posted January 30, 2019
Beaver Brook Antimony are expanding their operations.
To help with their expansion, they are now recruiting applicants from skilled tradespeople to administrative professionals.
For more information about their career opportunities, please view the flyer below.
Attention Apprentice Plumbers – “Summit Heating and Cooling Limited” Is Hiring
Posted January 23, 2019
Summit Heating and Cooling are now seeking Apprentice Plumbers.
Work under the supervision of a certified/qualified Journeyperson to enhance technical knowledge and skills.
Reports to Journeyperson, Service Manager, and President
Apprentice Plumber Requirements
Must be currently enrolled in a plumbing program with an accredited institution.
Apprentice Plumber Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete all work in a safe and professional manner
- Observe and attempt, under controlled conditions, welding, brazing, soldering, and cutting of copper
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Answer customer concerns regarding technical questions and offer solutions
- Contact customers as needed regarding ongoing projects
- Maintain client relations by servicing existing customers and soliciting new customers within the Plumbing industry
- Estimate and order components needed for completion of job
- Inventory control
Health and Safety
- Follow company safety procedures outlined in safety manual
- Complete all safety and competency certifications required by company and governing regulations
- On company vehicles and issued tools to ensure clean, safe, and efficient use
- Complete apprenticeship program with accredited institution
- Complete all training requirements requested concerning health and safety and any supplier equipment seminars
- Provide feedback concerning all your training courses
Quality Management System Administration
- Keep detailed records of the work performed, materials consumed and follow-up if necessary
- Fill out Hazard Assessment forms
- Have the highest regard for safety, both personal and public.
If your interested in applying for the Apprentice Plumber position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Golden Crust Bakery – Full Time Baker
Posted January 17, 2019
Golden Crust Bakery in Bay Roberts are now seeking applications for a Full Time Baker
If anyone is interested, please email a resume/cover letter to Sonya Doran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary Personal Care Attendant
Posted January 15, 2019
Looking for a Personal Care Attendant for 40 year old female. She has a mental and physical disability.
Upbeat nature. Socially and emotionally intact. Has Cerebral Palsy but can walk although some balance issues. No fine motor skills. Some vision issues. Good communicator. Loves to talk. Epilepsy with possibly several seizures daily. These seizures are generally of short duration. No Grand Mal seizures.
Duties include assisting her with toileting, bathing and dressing, meal preparation, and light housekeeping. A daily 30 min. walk in the neighbourhood (sidewalks permitting) and/or a light exercise routine. General companionship.
She loves music and movies and is very social.
We have available up to 23 hours per week. Can be worked in weekends (9-5) and evening (5-10)
An applicant should be a non-smoker, have their own transportation, and a certificate of good conduct.
The client lives in the East End of St. John’s.
Job can start immediately and is available until April 30.
Wage is $15.55 per hour plus 4% Vacation Pay.
For more information, please contact Tineke Gow at 709-753-8945 or e-mail email@example.com.
Beauty Nails – Nail Technician
Posted January 11, 2019
Beauty Nails is a Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador based Beauty Salon looking to hire 2-4 experience Nail Technicians to add to their growing team!
Contact: Robert Moloney / Cathy Kieu
Copy Canada – Graphic Designer
Posted January 11, 2019
Copy Canada is looking to hire a graphic designer to add to their team!
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Versatile Accessibility – Tradespeople
Posted November 16, 2018
Versatile Accessibility, located in Toronto, is currently recruiting for construction associates to assist with ramping (wood and concrete), stairlifts, porch lifts, residential and commercial elevators installation, and kitchen and washroom modifications for accessibility. All jobs are located in Toronto and surrounding area.
Applicants must have graduated from a Certified Trades program involving some aspect of construction, at least two to three years in general construction, and a willingness to learn new skills in the accessibility field.
Our clients are those with physical and mental health issues result of aging, car accident or ongoing illnesses. As a result, we do require all applicants to provide a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- WHMIS training
- CPR First Aid
- Driver’s licence (G or equivalent) with reliable, consistent access to a vehicle to get to job sites.
- Caring, sensitive nature with ability to deal with elderly and ill clients
- Familiarity with construction procedures (and willingness to learn more) including drywall, taping, sanding, painting, tiling, basic plumbing, framing, etc.
All positions are full time, ongoing. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interviews can be held over the phone and Skype to accommodate those applying from various areas.
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com
More information about the company can be found at http://www.versatileaccessibility.ca
Office to Advance Women Apprentices (OAWA) – Employment Opportunities for Women
Posted November 1, 2017
OAWA is working with employers who are looking for female apprentices to fill the following positions.
- First, second or third year carpenter apprentice position for Metro area
- First or second year electrical apprentice position for Central region
- First, second or third year millwright apprentice position for Metro area
If you are interested in either of these positions, please email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not registered with our office, please call 757-5434, ext. 238.
These positions are with small businesses and are non union. They will be funded under the wage subsidy program.
Create Learning Centres – Part-time Tutors
Need a part-time job while attending school??
Become a Tutor with Creative Learning Centre.
Creative Learning Centre are now recruiting part time tutors with after school program for primary level students homework and enrichment support.
Applicants must have Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check, and currently enrolled in a post secondary program.
Hours are primarily 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM with some flexibility, and 15 to 20 hrs a week.
Wages start at $15.00 per hour.
French Tutor for primary students – Kindergarten and grade 1 to provide homework support.
Instructor – to work with students between Grades 4 and 6 for homework support, test preparation, and Arts and Crafts instruction.
For more information, please contact Dianne Coffey at email@example.com or 368-2831.
ATTENTION – All female trades graduates
Please make sure you contact the Office to Advance Women Apprentices.
This office is dedicated to ensuring that employment opportunities are available for female apprentices.
Please visit their website: http://www.womenapprentices.ca/ or contact Mary Ford, Job Recruitment Coach at 757-5434, extension 238.
Government of Newfoundland and Labrador “Office of Employment Equity for Persons with Disabilities”
Attention all students.
The Office of Employment Equity for Persons with Disabilities can assist any student with a disability find summer employment.
When you have finished your program, they can also assist in finding employment.
For more information, please contact Krista Legge at 729-5881 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wall of Fame
Academy Canada thanks Bluedrop Performance Learning for selecting our students to receive their Innovation Scholarships two years in a row. The Bluedrop Performance Learning/Academy Canada partnership is designed to encourage female participation...Read More