Find the Right Job for You!
Academy Canada graduates have an abundance of employment opportunities that they can pursue. Examples of the types of positions available are provided below:
Disclaimer: All posted positions are identified through third party sources. Academy Canada does not endorse the legitimacy of any position or advocate for any particular employer. Every organization uses an independent hiring criteria that will be used in selecting candidates.
Last updated: November 22, 2018
|AC Reference #||Program Name||Application Deadline|
|SJ201810-001||Automotive Service Technician||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201810-001||Automotive Service Technician||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201811-001||Automotive Service Technician||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201811-006||Occupational Health and Safety||Posted Until Filled|
|SJ201811-018||Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist||Posted Until Filled|
Internal Job Postings
No internal job postings are available at this time.
Other Graduate Job Postings
Stingray Radio Job Opportunities
Posted April 15, 2019, Updated April 16, 2019
What a summer job with some of Newfoundland and Labrador’s most well known radio stations?
Stingray are now accepting resumes for the following positions:
- 95.9 SUN FM “Summer Cruiser Host” – Miramichi, New Brunswick
- Rock 88.9 “Summer Cruiser Host” – Saint John, New Brunswick
- UP 93.1 and ROCK 92.3 Summer Brand Ambassadors – Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Q104 and 96.5 “The Breeze” “Promotions Coordinator” – Halifax, Nova Scotia
Click the links above for more information.
Summer Research Assistant, Natural Resources Canada—Canadian Forest Service
Posted April 12, 2019
Summer Research Assistant Requirements
- A college student or recent grad from a program in forest ecology, entomology, biology or a related field
- Capable of traversing rugged Newfoundland terrain
- Capable of working as part of a team or independently
- Detail-oriented, hard worker, able to follow instructions, proactive and safety-conscious
- Able to work long hours when necessary
- A great team player – you value diversity, respect others, you look for a way to help when you can
- Able to work in the forest surrounded by biting insects, wind, rain, and collect insects/spiders
- You have a particular and perhaps peculiar affinity for insects
- GPS and/or GIS experience
- Driver’s licence, Basic First Aid, CPR, Wilderness First Aid, ATV safety
- Experience doing field research, and/or extensive outdoor activities (e.g. hiking)
- Thinking about doing graduate-level research with insects or ecology in the future
How To Apply
Contact Dr. Eric Moise via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 22, 2019.
Please include your CV and a cover letter highlighting your field experience, qualifications and why you would be a good fit to our team.
Please also provide two or three references (name, title, contact information). These should be sent as a single PDF document.
We encourage women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
Strong, qualified applicants will be contacted and offered an interview (with me and my co-lead on these projects, Dr. Joseph Bowden).
*Note: All university/college (e.g. MUN, CNA) students who are current or recently graduated are equally eligible to apply
Summer Research Assistant Positions
We are seeking applications to fill multiple positions for summer field research assistants to work with us on projects related to the eastern spruce budworm in Newfoundland.
Who are we? We are Research Scientists with Natural Resources Canada—Canadian Forest Service. Our work focuses predominantly on the ecological and economic impacts of insect forest pests.
Yellowbelly Brewery – Graphic Designers
Posted April 2, 2019
Yellowbelly Brewery is looking for Graphic Designers, including students, to help design bottle labels.
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com.
DMG Consulting Limited – Administrative Assistant
Posted March 28, 2019
DMG Consulting Limited is an independent and 100% locally owned Atlantic Canada based consulting engineering firm, with offices in Gander, Clarenville, St. John’s, and Corner Brook NL. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team in our St. John’s, NL office.
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our location’s general administrative activities.
Administrative Assistant Requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School diploma.
- Completion of a two-year Office Administration program or equivalent would be an asset.
- Prior experience in Engineering Consulting environment would be an asset but not required.
- A minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines.
- Valid drivers license and own transportation
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence, memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports and proposals.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Order office supplies.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients.
Gatherall’s Boat Tours – Marketing and Technology Manager
Posted March 28, 2019
We are looking for a dynamic individual to fill our Marketing & Technology Manager position.
Join one of Newfoundland’s most well established adventure tourism operators in our quest to provide incredible experiences to explorers from throughout the world. With over 35 years of service and a stellar reputation, we’re looking for someone to help us to continue to grow and serve our current and future markets.
The ideal candidate
- Is fluent across social media and digital platforms
- Understands the importance of maintaining strength of brand identity
- Appreciates the link between sales development and business success
- Is an early adopter of new technology
- Has an understanding of graphic design and video editing related to social media content development
- Is creative & innovative
- Possesses an engaging and vibrant personality
- Has exemplary oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to complete task at hand while maintain focus on long term goals
- Must be energetic, dependable and flexible
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing and Technology Manager will take direction from the management team and will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and execution of new marketing initiatives, including but not limited to digital and social media content development,
ongoing website development & maintenance, development and evaluation of digital and social media ad campaigns across major platforms.
- Assist with maintenance of long term client relationships.
- Identification and development of new client opportunities.
- Respond to customer service inquiries promptly via social media, email and voice calls
- Manage digital and social media channels including fostering client engagement, responding to client reviews, increase social media channel reach, etc.
- Development of budget and tracking for promotional and advertising spend specifically with respect to digital and social media campaigns
- Analyze return on investment for digital and social media campaigns
- Collaborate with industry partners and destination marketing organizations to generate increased exposure
Key Abilities & Competency Requirements
- Bachelor of Commerce with major in marketing
- Completion of a recognized Digital & Social Media Marketing program
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Knowledge and understanding of digital media trends
- Fluent in use of analytics to evaluate digital media marketing campaign efforts
- Ability to adopt and / or adapt new technologies to enhance business operations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
Special Skills, Knowledge, and Education Required
- Recent work in the field of digital & social media marketing is an asset
- Sales experience is an asset
- Ability and or experience with administration of WordPress
- Familiarity and fluency with cPanel administration
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the adventure tourism marketplace is an asset
- High degree of computer proficiency and willingness to provide technology troubleshooting for staff where applicable on a limited basis
- Understanding of graphic design
- Experience with video editing commensurate with digital and social media platforms
This is a contract position. Salary is $45,000 – $55,000 per year.
Vertical XPression – Space Available For Massage Therapists
Posted March 22, 2019
My name is Erica. I run a dance studio on Water Street in Downtown St. John’s whose mission is female empowerment, celebrating gender diversity, and conquering body image issues.
I have additional space in the dance studio suitable as a treatment room for Massage Therapy, Physiotherapy, Personal Trainers, or possibly Estheticians.
In line with our mission to empower women and celebrate gender diversity, we have a program where women and gender minorites trying to start up their business can use our space for free for up to 2 months to establish a client base.
After a two month trial period, if a candidate likes to continue using this space, a fair rental contribution is determined with no financial long term commitments or deposits.
We also offer the first month of our dance classs for free to contractors who use our space in order to welcome them and familiarize them with our studio culture.
We can take up to two candidates. For more information you can find our Facebook business page Vertical Xpression.
Thank you for your time and feel free to give me a call at 709-765-4497
NARL Refining – Security Guard
Posted March 19, 2019
At North Atlantic, winner of 2017’s Top 100 Employers in Atlantic Canada competition, we decided from the very beginning that our company wasn’t just about our products. Our reputation, our service and our employees say so much more about who we are!!!
We’ve proudly served Newfoundlanders with refined products manufactured right here for almost 30 years. Think of us as the company that keeps the province warm and provides the fuel to keep it running too. North Atlantic Refinery Limited is a crude oil refinery located in Come By Chance in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It has a refinery capacity of 130,000 barrels per day.
At NARL Refining, we don’t have a work force. We have a community that’s more than 600 strong. Our employees come from the towns surrounding the refinery and from all over the world. They are operators, engineers, craftspeople, managers, and drivers. They are also scout leaders, education mentors, and healthcare volunteers. Our highly skilled employees transform crude oil into some of the cleanest fuels on the world market. It’s a job that requires the greatest care and safety. Safety training and performance at NARL Refining is second to none – it’s a culture.
North Atlantic Refinery Limited (NARL) is seeking a temporary Security Guard.
The successful candidates will be responsible to enforce security rules and procedures established by North Atlantic. He/she will interact with all visitors entering North Atlantic property to secure, identify and establish purpose of access. The candidate will be responsible for the safeguarding of North Atlantic’s materials and equipment loss/theft by monitoring all items entering and exiting the refinery through public entrance.
- Two-year diploma in Security or related Social Science field
- Certificate of conduct from a law enforcement agency
- 3-5 years’ experience in the security field and/or marine security are assets
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to a positive working environment with a continued commitment to safety, including but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct security inspections
- Conduct personnel and vehicle searches
- Manage site access
- Ensure the security of company assets
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, life insurance Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Company Pension Plan with employer matched contributions
- Free Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- Complimentary company shuttle from Refinery to St. John’s and back daily.
Eligibility is based on role status.
North Atlantic is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
If you feel you have the knowledge, skills, and heart to be a NARL Refining employee, send your resume, quoting Requisition # 3-19-01 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax your information to:
NARL Refining LP
PO Box 40
Come By Chance, NL Canada, A0B 1N0
Meridia – Accounting Administrator
Posted March 19, 2019
St. John’s, NL
Reference # JAG-12946
Our client is an established, family-owned business involved in the real estate and food and beverage industries here in Newfoundland and Labrador.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounting Administrator to join their team here in St. John’s on our client’s behalf.
As Accounting Administrator, you will provide accurate, reliable and timely financial information and oversee the day to day office administrative activities to support the company.
He/she will be responsible for managing all accounts receivables, accounts payables and invoicing, in addition to reconciling monthly bank statements.
As the successful candidate for this role, you are a positive, upbeat person who believes in adding value to a team with your Accounting knowledge and skills, as well as your can-do attitude.
Applicants should have 5-10 years general accounting experience, preferably combined with post-secondary education in accounting/finance. They must demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills while prioritizing and juggling multiple priorities, ensuring all timelines are met.
If you are an energetic and friendly accounting professional and want to learn more about this this exciting opportunity, please apply online at https://www.meridiarecruitment.ca/Career/12946 or call Julie Gorman for more information at 709-722-6810.
Virtual Marine – Marketing Specialist
Posted March 19, 2019
Are you looking for a new challenge? An opportunity to use your skills to market some amazing products and services. Virtual Marine is currently seeking a Marketing Specialist to join the company’s growing team at our office located in St. John’s, NL.
You will build a marketing and sales qualified leads pipeline for our Salesforce program across our global network.
Marketing Specialist Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of digital (web and Internet) marketing initiatives and the online VM experience
- Enhance and optimize the company’s marketing efforts using social media tools such as LinkedIn and YouTube
- Lead ongoing management of digital touch points and landing pages to ensure all are fully updated and effective
- Develop, manage and design communications such as newsletters, event support materials and white/research papers
- Plan, develop and execute digital programs and campaigns including email, online and mobile advertising
- Support marketing efforts at industry events, trade shows and conferences
- Support overall sales and marketing efforts targeting current and potential customers in Canada, Gulf of Mexico, UK North Sea, Norway and other geographic markets that may be selected
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing communications program which utilizes marketing collateral, industry media, trade shows, advertising, public relations and industry organizations to effectively position VM’s products and services in the market
- Gather feedback from customers in support of new product development and updates to existing products/services
- Assess opportunities for participation in industry conferences and exhibitions in the oil and gas market specifically
Marketing Specialist Qualifications:
- Recent graduate form a formal education program in marketing/digital marketing – Diploma or degree received in the past three (3) years or less
- An understanding of (and ideally a passion for) marketing/digital marketing
- Knowledge of digital communication strategies and concepts including website design, development and content strategy
- Knowledge of web-based marketing strategies and tactics using tools such LinkedIn and YouTube
- Understanding of techniques used to develop and optimize web presence and persona
- Experience with web analytics and analysis.
Education and Language Requirements
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
If you are interested in seeing our work?
Visit our YouTube channel @VMTechnology or our website at http://www.virtualmarine.ca
City of St. John’s – Summer Job Opportunities
Posted March 12, 2019
The City of St. John’s is presently accepting online applications for Summer Jobs.
Please click here to view the City of St. John’s career opportunities page for more information.
Beaver Brook Antimony – Career Opportunities
Posted January 30, 2019
Beaver Brook Antimony are expanding their operations.
To help with their expansion, they are now recruiting applicants from skilled tradespeople to administrative professionals.
For more information about their career opportunities, please view the flyer below.
Office to Advance Women Apprentices (OAWA) – Employment Opportunities for Women
Posted November 1, 2017
OAWA is working with employers who are looking for female apprentices to fill the following positions.
- First, second or third year carpenter apprentice position for Metro area
- First or second year electrical apprentice position for Central region
- First, second or third year millwright apprentice position for Metro area
If you are interested in either of these positions, please email Mary at email@example.com. If you are not registered with our office, please call 757-5434, ext. 238.
These positions are with small businesses and are non union. They will be funded under the wage subsidy program.
Create Learning Centres – Part-time Tutors
Need a part-time job while attending school??
Become a Tutor with Creative Learning Centre.
Creative Learning Centre are now recruiting part time tutors with after school program for primary level students homework and enrichment support.
Applicants must have Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check, and currently enrolled in a post secondary program.
Hours are primarily 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM with some flexibility, and 15 to 20 hrs a week.
Wages start at $15.00 per hour.
French Tutor for primary students – Kindergarten and grade 1 to provide homework support.
Instructor – to work with students between Grades 4 and 6 for homework support, test preparation, and Arts and Crafts instruction.
For more information, please contact Dianne Coffey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 368-2831.
ATTENTION – All female trades graduates
Please make sure you contact the Office to Advance Women Apprentices.
This office is dedicated to ensuring that employment opportunities are available for female apprentices.
Please visit their website: http://www.womenapprentices.ca/ or contact Mary Ford, Job Recruitment Coach at 757-5434, extension 238.
Government of Newfoundland and Labrador “Office of Employment Equity for Persons with Disabilities”
Attention all students.
The Office of Employment Equity for Persons with Disabilities can assist any student with a disability find summer employment.
When you have finished your program, they can also assist in finding employment.
For more information, please contact Krista Legge at 729-5881 or e-mail email@example.com.
Wall of Fame
Corner Brook Campus Principal, Colin Burridge, Teaches NL Fisheries and Land Resources Minister Fly Tying Skills
Corner Brook Campus Principal, Colin Burridge, teaches NL Fisheries and Land Resources Minister, Gerry Byrne, a fly tying lesson. Does the Fisheries and Land Resources Minister’s fly measure up to Colin’s? You...Read More