Find the Right Job for You!
Academy Canada graduates have an abundance of employment opportunities that they can pursue. Examples of the types of positions available are provided below:
Disclaimer: All posted positions are identified through third party sources. Academy Canada does not endorse the legitimacy of any position or advocate for any particular employer. Every organization uses an independent hiring criteria that will be used in selecting candidates.
Last updated: August 15, 2018
|AC Reference #||Program Name||Application Deadline|
|CB201710-004||Hairstylist||December 31, 2018|
Internal Job Postings
Corner Brook Campus – Physiotherapy Assistant Instructor
Posted September 17, 2018
Academy Canada is one of the strongest and fastest growing Career Colleges in the Atlantic region. With 35 programs, 1200 students and a staff of 195, we are currently looking for talented individuals to join our team. The Corner Brook Campus has an opening for a full-time Physiotherapy Assistant Instructor, commencing Fall 2018.
Instructors report directly to the Principal and Vice-Principal. They work as part of the faculty and are responsible for a wide range of teaching duties, including:
- Program preparation and delivery. This will include course and teacher planner development and/or course maintenance.
- Conduct and record student academic and practical evaluations/grades.
- Proper student records/files maintenance.
- Maintain current student attendance and report concerns to the Registrar.
- Monitor student progress and ensure that campus administration is made aware of any student concerns in a timely manner. This may include accommodating special requests for students with identified learning disabilities.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, faculty meetings, and instructor in-service training sessions.
- Maintain a professional demeanour at all times.
- Other duties as set by Administration.
Physiotherapy Assistant Instructor Requirements
- Must be a Registered Physiotherapist.
- No less than 6 years of combined education and professional experience, with two years directly relating to the field of instruction.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with a highly diverse group of faculty and administrative staff.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Willingness to act as a campus leader and role model.
- Instructional experience is an asset but not mandatory.
Interested individuals may apply through email to Colin Burridge at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Graduate Job Postings
Mount Pearl Paradise Chamber of Commerce Job Fair
Posted September 18, 2018
Puglisevich – Health and Safety Instructor
Posted August 15, 2018
Marble Inn Resort – Housekeeper
Posted August 14, 2018
Marble Inn Resort is looking for a part-time Housekeeper to work weekends and possibly evenings.
Great opportunity for a Corner Brook area student to earn some cash while in college.
To learn more or to apply, please e-mail Joe Dicks at email@example.com.
Caregivers – Home Support Worker
Posted July 26, 2018
Reporting to the Client Care Coordinator, the Home Support Worker is part of a health care team that provides assistance to families or persons during times of illness, disability, or inability to properly care for their own needs. The home support worker also supports independence and the ability of the client to remain in their own homes and assists with the activities of daily living.
“Home Support Worker” Responsibilities
- Provide personal care such as bathing, toileting, and grooming to the client
- Complete housekeeping tasks, meal preparation, and shopping
- Provide companionship to the client and accompany them to community events, activities, and appointments
- Follow written plan of care as approved by the Client Care Manager
- Provide specialized care such as Alzheimer or palliative care if required
- Document and report client progress
- Promote good mental health for the client
- Develop a caring relationship with the client and the client’s family
- Provide emotional and psychological support
- Ensure a healthy and safe living and working environment while following agency guidelines on lifting and transfers
- Adhere to and enforces CareGivers’ Code of Conduct
- Report all Occupational Health and safety hazards and related issues and follows OH&S guidelines
“Home Support Worker” Requirements
- Minimum grade 12 high school education and experience as a home support worker, certification as a home support worker (Preferred), or willingness to commence in-house training
- Experience working with seniors and or physically disabled individuals
- Medical certificate indicating good health
- Negative TB skin test
- Up-to-date Immunization Record
- Satisfactory Record of Conduct
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
Interested candidates can email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“THE HEADROOM” – Chair Rental
Posted July 24, 2018
Interested in renting a chair at one of St. John’s’ most established? Three chairs are currently available.
For more information please contact Trish Molloy at (709) 685-7207.
Criminology Career Opportunities
Posted July 17, 2018
Eastern Health – Administrative Support
Posted July 9, 2018
Eastern Health are now seeking candidates for their temporary and on-call Administrative Support position.
Applicants must complete a One Year Office Administration program, and complete an approved Medical Terminology course.
Higher level Administrative Support positions will require a Two Year Office Administration Diploma or One Year Office Administration program plus two years experience, complete a Medical Terminology course, a 70% Medical Transcription score, and demonstrated Microsoft Office proficiency.
For more information about their temporary and casual Administrative Support positions, please click here.
Eastern Health – Administrative Assistant
Posted July 3, 2018
Eastern Health are now accepting resumes for a Temporary Administrative Assistant position.
For more information, please click here.
Progressive Physiotherapy – Registered Massage Therapist
Posted July 3, 2018
Progressive Physiotherapy is looking for a registered massage therapist (RMT) to join our team. We are a rapidly growing private practice offering a full-service physiotherapy clinic that also provides acupuncture, health education, exercise programs and planning. We are excited to add a new On-Site Component to our business where we treat employees at local companies.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the physiotherapist to treat employees on site. The preferred massage therapist must possess the following:
- Be a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Valid First Aid, CPR, and AED Training at time of employment
This position is ideal for both new and experienced massage therapists. Employment will be part-time initially with up to 3 full days available and the possibility of further growth. Treatment times will vary based on bookings but can be at your discretion. Wages are competitive.
To apply please send you resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please send us an email, or call us at 368-2905, or 730-2044.
Law Enforcement Administration – Job Listngs
Posted June 11, 2018
Administrative Support Career – Opportunities List
Posted May 22, 2018
Office to Advance Women Apprentices (OAWA) – Employment Opportunities for Women
Posted November 1, 2017
OAWA is working with employers who are looking for female apprentices to fill the following positions.
- First, second or third year carpenter apprentice position for Metro area
- First or second year electrical apprentice position for Central region
- First, second or third year millwright apprentice position for Metro area
If you are interested in either of these positions, please email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not registered with our office, please call 757-5434, ext. 238.
These positions are with small businesses and are non union. They will be funded under the wage subsidy program.
Create Learning Centres – Part-time Tutors
Need a part-time job while attending school??
Become a Tutor with Creative Learning Centre.
Creative Learning Centre are now recruiting part time tutors with after school program for primary level students homework and enrichment support.
Applicants must have Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check, and currently enrolled in a post secondary program.
Hours are primarily 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM with some flexibility, and 15 to 20 hrs a week.
Wages start at $15.00 per hour.
French Tutor for primary students – Kindergarten and grade 1 to provide homework support.
Instructor – to work with students between Grades 4 and 6 for homework support, test preparation, and Arts and Crafts instruction.
For more information, please contact Dianne Coffey at email@example.com or 368-2831.
ATTENTION – All female trades graduates
Please make sure you contact the Office to Advance Women Apprentices.
This office is dedicated to ensuring that employment opportunities are available for female apprentices.
Please visit their website: http://www.womenapprentices.ca/ or contact Mary Ford, Job Recruitment Coach at 757-5434, extension 238.
Government of Newfoundland and Labrador “Office of Employment Equity for Persons with Disabilities”
Attention all students.
The Office of Employment Equity for Persons with Disabilities can assist any student with a disability find summer employment.
When you have finished your program, they can also assist in finding employment.
For more information, please contact Krista Legge at 729-5881 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wall of Fame
Academy Canada congratulates our Animal Grooming Professional alumnus, Amy Poulin, on being a true “Newfound-preneur” to start her own animal salon, “Misty Moo’s Nails & Doo’s”. The AC Nation are very proud...Read More