Making Great Companies Even Better
In addition to its full-time Diploma programs, Academy Canada delivers a wide range of Contract Training services to employers and community groups.
We offer innovative programs that keep our clients on top of the latest trends and developments in their industries. They gain new skills and qualifications while their company benefits with increased productivity and efficiency.
Academy Canada’s Business Development Division will work with clients to assess their needs and customize a training program that meets their specific goals.
A Small Sample of Our Corporate Clients
Over the last several years Academy Canada has been pleased to design programs for a wide variety of clients such as:
- Government of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Voisey’s Bay Nickel Company
- Sheshatshiu Innu First Nations
- Newfoundland and Labrador Housing
- Crosbie Group
- Tiller Engineering
- Downhome Magazine
- Miawpukek First Nation
- HMCS Cabot
- NL Construction Association
- Labrador Aboriginal Training Partnership
- Holson Forest Products
- LMD Metals Inc.
- Humber Valley Potato
- Workplace Health and Safety Compensation Commission
- Whiterose/ Marystown Shipyard
- Canadian Red Cross
Examples of Corporate Programs
Academy Canada’s has developed a wide range of Contract Training programs for our clients, including:
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright
- Basic Plastering and Painting
- Gold Seal Accreditation
- Automotive Service Technician – Online Block 2 and 3
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Advanced AutoCAD
- Introduction to Computers
- OHS Rep and Committee Training
- Bus Driver Training
- Standard First Aid & CPR
Manufacturing and Production
- Chainsaw Safety
- Wood Pellet Production Worker
- Fabrication Worker
- French Fry Food Processor
- Explosive Proof Lighting
Contract Training can take many forms. Academy Canada can design programs that are:
- Between 3 hours to 24 months in duration.
- Industry certifications, are leased from other providers or developed in-house specifically to client specifications.
- Classroom-based, on-the-job, delivered by distance, instructed in one of our 15 industrial shops … or any combination.
- Offered in any NL community, across Canada or abroad.
- Focused on student testing or for interest only (not tested).
- Designed to suit any budget.
- Targeted to the general public or a specific group of people (ie employees, clients, directors, members, etc).
Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Jobs Grant
Academy Canada is a recognized trainer for the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Jobs Grant program. This federal/provincial government program is targeted to private sector and non-profit employers, and provides a financial contribution to organizations (companies, industry associations, etc.) to help them train existing and new employees. The maximum government contribution will be $10,000 for each employee trained. The goal of the program is to increase labor force participation and to help develop the skills necessary to find and keep meaningful and long term employment and to encourage employer involvement in training to ensure that skills are aligned to job opportunities.
To learn more about how the Canada Jobs Grant can fund your training program, please call Jackie at 709.637.2130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the official government program website.
Getting Your Corporate Contract Started
The process is simple!
To begin, an organization simply needs to identify a training need amongst its members or employees. They then contact Academy Canada to request a no cost/no obligation proposal.
The college will ask a number of clarification questions before designing a formal proposal with anticipated outcomes, a proposed methodology, a timetable, full budget and possible funding sources.
Once the proposal is accepted, Academy Canada will do all of the work (in consultation with the client):
- Curriculum Consultants will create a full program (with specific objectives and tasks). Based on specific needs, we either lease the program from another service provider or develop it from scratch through our Curriculum Department.
- Immediately after receiving the contract, the College will recruit the Instructors and secure the necessary facilities and any required equipment.
- Academy Canada will also screen potential students using criteria set by the client (if required), orient participants and deliver the training. Regular consultation with the client will ensure that the Instructors remain on track and focused towards program goals.
- College Instructors will deliver the training, coordinate evaluations and support students.
- Your Coordinator will provide ongoing and final project reports, as requested.
Let Academy Canada take the work and worry out of your Professional Development training program. Call Jackie at 1.800.561.8000 to get your program started today!
Wall of Fame
St. John’s Campuses – Convocation 2023
On Thursday, May 18, 2023 the Students and Staff from both the Harding Road and Kenmount Road campuses attended Academy Canada’s Convocation Ceremony. We had 241 graduates from 2022-2023 attend. Ms. Anita…Read More